Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Mother's Love


There are many things in life that we cherish. A car, a house, new shoes, electronics, so on and so on. Many times we forget about the real things in life like love, friends, and family. I am guilty myself of forgetting the important things but we are all human.


Today when I woke up I had so many things on my mind. I was thinking about how to handle some of these jerks at work, what I would eat before work, and what would I be doing this weekend until my grandma said that my mom was sick.


I literally stopped in my tracks and felt my eyes watering. I started thinking about what I would do without my mother. That thought is like a dark road that I dare not proceed down. All day I thought about what is really important to me in life.


Well I must admit that I have to steal something from Terrell Owens. I recently saw the finally of the show and today what he said rang loudly throughout my day. The most important things in life are Faith, Family, and Friends.


Without God none of us would be here so that goes without saying. Family because when the world turns their back on you, family will be there. And friends because my friends are an extension of my family and even if they don't necessarily agree with me they always support me and will be there if I fall.


My mother is the most important woman in my life and I love her with all my heart. Though she and I do not agree about everything she is always there for me when I need her and that is more important than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment